Monday, November 26, 2012

Playing at Mamaw & Papaw's

On Tuesday, Greg actually had to do some work related stuff on Fort Gordon. It worked out perfectly as far as timing with our trip and the best part was that since he had to do some stuff for work, he got paid gas mileage to drive down to Georgia. It was so nice, we really lucked out!

I have a cookie exchange party coming up in December and wanted to try out a few cookie recipes that I found on Pinterest. So, I brought the recipes with me to my parents since there would be more people to eat the cookies. My mom ended up doing all the work and baking them for me. They were all good, but I picked one to share for the cookie exchange, and I'll share all those recipes next month.

Here's the boys watching Mamaw bake.

Evan had an epic meltdown and I don't even remember what it was about, but I was frustrated with him. Carter had woke up early and was exhausted, so I put him down for a nap and then let Evan watch a little bit of a movie to calm down before going down for a nap. He wanted me to sit next to him and he held on to my arm. It really melted my heart. Those little stinkers can throw the biggest fit and make you want to scream one minute and then do the cutest, sweetest thing the next minute.


It was cold the first few days we were there, so we were so glad that the weather warmed up a little bit. I took the boys outside and let them explore. They LOVE Papaw's tractors.

They spent a lot of time sitting on them and acting like they were driving.

Evan liked to check out all the different parts.


They would push the middle and say "Honk, Honk!"

Evan saying "cheese" for the camera.

I love that my parents have plenty of land for the boys to explore.



Greg got back from his work thing in time to enjoy some outdoor play with the boys.

 
Mamaw pulling Carter in the wagon. They have a long driveway that's perfect for riding bikes and riding in the wagon.



Evan liked walking with them instead of being pulled in the wagon.

Greg drew on the driveway with the boys. The boys loved playing with chalk and they love for us to draw things for them.

We were outside playing when Papaw got home from work. The boys were so excited to see him.

The boys liked riding their bikes, especially Carter. He could do it on his own, but he likes to be pushed.


The boys talked Papaw into pulling them in the wagon too.

I loved spending time outside at my parents house. I used to hate how warm Georgia was, especially in the fall and winter. But, now that we have two active boys, I really appreciate the warmer weather. It was so nice to be able to go outside and play.

No comments :

Post a Comment