Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pumpkins

Last year, I went to Target the day after Halloween and got some fun pumpkin decorating things on clearance, I've been excited for the boys to use them ever since. :) Instead of having a special night of decorating pumpkins, we decided to do it a couple mornings this year.

The boys with their pumpkins and decorations, ready to get started.

Last year, I let the boys paint the pumpkins. This year, I gave them a choice of painting or using markers and they chose markers.

First, I let the boys decorate all the pumpkins with markers.


When they were done, they each got to do a Mr Potato Head pumpkin. I think these are the cutest little decorating kits, I'm so glad I got them last year because I haven't seen them this year. Plus, we can use them year after year. The boys LOVED them. I also let them decorate the smaller ones with stickers.

I told Evan I wanted to get a picture of him and his pumpkin and this is what he did. I guess he thought it was enough to just be touching it. :)


Afterwards, I let the boys take the mini pumpkins in the backyard and do whatever they wanted with them. Carter thought it was the funniest thing to roll them down the slide, go get them and do it all over again.

Evan told me this was his pumpkin store and he was selling his pumpkin.


We had some overripe bananas, so I decided to make banana cookies (bananas, rolled oats, mini chocolate chips, bake for 15 minutes) and they've turned out great in the past. But, they didn't this time. We couldn't pick them up, the boys had to eat them with a spoon. Although, they didn't seem to mind.

We went to the pumpkin patch at Marvin Methodist right next to our house and got some more pumpkins to decorate.

Carter thought he was something pulling the wagon and didn't want any help.

I didn't get a picture of the boys the second time we decorated, but we used the Elmo and Cookie Monster the second time. So, these are sitting on our front porch.

I think pumpkin decorating that doesn't require carving is the best thing ever for 3 year olds. They had so much fun and it was so easy.

No comments :

Post a Comment