Sunday, October 20, 2013

Week of Being Sick

The week before last, the boys came down with croup. They ended up missing an entire week of school because of it. :( We went their whole first year of school without them missing a day, I was hoping to keep that up. My mom came over every day to help with the boys. Carter was SO clingy and only wanted me, so I'm very glad my mom came over and helped as much as she did.

We had to do breathing treatments for both boys. I think these are so pitiful and I hate having to do them.

We pretty much stayed home the entire week and it gave me a lot of time to think about all the projects that I've been putting off. I was able to finally do my photo wall that I've been wanting to do for a long time.


Evan was so excited when he came downstairs from his nap and saw all the pictures hung up. He liked pointing out which ones were him and which ones were Carter.

There was a lot of sleeping last week, sleeping late, mid-morning naps (for Carter, while I rocked him) long afternoon naps, and early bedtimes. Carter sitting on the counter was the only way he let me put him down so I could cook dinner.

We did go out to Sam's one night after Greg got home towards the end of the week when they were feeling a little bit better. They insisted on wearing their superhero clothes.

And Carter insisted on wearing this. He pretty much wore this for 2-3 days straight. He loves it!

I took an old picture frame that I had and spray painted the wood and painted the glass with chalkboard paint. I can't wait to get some fun chalkboard pens for it.

 
We started running out of things to do with the boys, so I got out some costumes I bought at a consignment shop. They were so excited to play dress up.

That was pretty much our week while they were sick.

No comments :

Post a Comment