Monday, October 31, 2011

Clear Eyes, Full Heart, Can't Lose

So, Greg and I decided to check out what all the fuss was about and started the first season of "Friday Night Lights". A girl I used to work with said this was her favorite show, so when I was at Target a year or so ago and saw the first season on sale for less than $10.00, I decided to buy it. Several of the blogs I follow have mentioned this show and a lot of them are watching it now on Netflix. Although, the other bloggers said they watched it with their husbands, I wasn't sure if it was something Greg would like. Since, it's about a high school football team, I was afraid it might be too much teenage drama and something Greg wouldn't like at all. But, one night when we felt like watching tv and didn't have anything tivo'd, I suggest we give it a try and we both LOVE this show. It's so good. We're not even through the first season and I'm already sad that there's only 5 seasons of this show. Although, I did read somewhere that they're making a movie to start off where the series ends. Hopefully, that's true.


The show deals with so many issues. And it shows the problems the players and other high school students as well as the problems the coach and his wife are dealing with-not only with the team and work, but with raising a teenager. I feel like it wasn't that long ago that I was in high school, so it's interesting to see the high schoolers point of view, but before you know it, Evan and Carter will be teenagers and we'll be dealing with the same things the parents on the show are dealing with. It's just a really good show and we're both enjoying watching it so much. Our goal is to get through this season before we leave for Georgia and then hopefully we can find the other seasons on sale on Black Friday.

I feel like it wasn't that long ago that I was in high school, but really it's been 10 years. And you know you're getting old when you think the coach on the show is hotter than the football players. ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment