Saturday, October 22, 2011

Spoons

I'm a little embarrassed to be posting this, but I've been very lazy when it comes to letting the boys practice with spoons. It's been so much easier to just feed them or let them eat with their fingers, it's faster, neater, etc. But, I know they need to start. So, I've been giving the boys their spoons and letting them feed themselves. I've been working with them in the mornings helping them use a spoon to eat their oatmeal and now I'm trying to feed them things for lunch that require a spoon. I usually give them a grilled cheese, quesadilla, hot dog, sandwhich fixin's, etc, but I made some mashed potatoes for them just so they could practice using their spoon. I don't think Carter really liked the mashed potatoes. He doesn't seem to really love mashed potatoes or macaroni and cheese (clearly, he doesn't take after his mama). But, both the boys did pretty good.

Evan started out eating the mashed potatoes with his hands.



Carter was putting the food on the spoon, then taking the food off the spoon with his fingers and eating it.



No comments :

Post a Comment