Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Weekend Recap

We had a great weekend. Greg had Monday off since it was Columbus day. I love 3 day weekends. Saturday we went to another Apple Festival, Sunday we took the boys to the park and then to lunch at Baja Bean. They loved the guacamole and Evan loved my cheese enchiladas. Monday, I had to get a couple things done on my car, so I took it to the Honda dealership while Greg stayed home with the boys. It ended up taking over 2 hours, which was fine with me. I brought "Handle With Care" by Jodi Picoult that I just started and was able to read the entire time. When the boys woke up from their morning nap, Greg took them outside to play in the yard and swing. They had a blast while I was gone, I should do that more often. ;)

I posted this on Facebook, so it's a repeat for some of you. But, on Friday afternoon, I was in the kitchen going through some mail and the boys were in the dining room. I heard them banging around and having fun, I figured that they were just banging on the windows. All of a sudden it gets quiet, which I know is never a good sign. So I go in there and find this:

I'm not exactly sure how he got up there. We have one of the chairs in there pulled out (not anymore) to cover the floor vent because they like to take it out. But, he's too short to climb up on the chair (I think), so we're thinking he pushed his riding toy over there, and climbed onto that, then the chair, and then the table. It was a funny sight to see him just walking on the dining room table like it was nothing, rummaging through the diaper bag for the puffs I keep in there. But, it really scared me. If I had been washing dishes or something, I might not have looked in there in time and he easily could have fallen. These boys really know how to keep us on our toes.

I'm excited that this week is a short work week for Greg because of the 3 day weekend. The weather is going to be cool (high 60's, low 70's) but it's calling for rain through Thursday. Luckily, we have several indoor playdates planned this week, so it works out perfectly.

I hope everybody had a great weekend.

1 comment :

  1. Ha! With our youngest son he climbed on everything and we had to lay all of our chairs on their sides for months and months or he would be up on the table! Here's a link:

    http://westerhold.blogspot.com/2010/11/no-this-isnt-chair-land-mine-that-you.html

    Now following you from WILW!

    april@Party of Five
    http://www.westerhold.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete