Saturday, October 29, 2011

Some Recipes

This week I tried 3 new recipes, Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken, Taco Pasta, and Crockpot Chicken and Dressing. The taco pasta wasn't that great, but the other two recipes turned out good.

The jalapeno popper stuffed chicken was amazing. I loved it. It was easy and all the ingredients were things you probably already have at home except for the jalapenos. I think Greg would have liked it better if it had a sauce. But, I liked it enough for the both of us, so we'll be having it again for sure. Instead of frying it like the recipe said, I just baked mine in the oven--easier and healthier.

Crockpot Chicken and Dressing was really good, but I only cook crock pot meals because they're quick and easy. In this recipe you have to cook the chicken first, made two pans of corn bread, hardboil some eggs, etc. I liked the fact that it was in the crock pot cooking in the late afternoon and I didn't have to worry about trying to deal with dinner and feed & bathe the boys. And it was really tasty, but just know that it's not as quick and easy as some other crock pot meals.
Source: None via Samantha on Pinterest
I'm going to post the Taco Pasta recipe so I'll have it noted that it wasn't that great. If I don't document it, then in a few months, I'll come across that recipe again and think "Hmm..that looks good, I should try it". I actually make this really good recipe that is one pound of ground beef, a box of velveeta shells and cheese and one cup of salsa. It's fast, cheap, easy, and delicious. This reminded me of that recipe but not as good.

No comments :

Post a Comment