Friday, October 7, 2011

Fun at the Park

The weather has been so great this week, sunny and cool. We love taking the boys to the park, for the past couple week, we were going a couple of times a week, but now we're starting to go pretty much every day or every other day. The boys love being outside and it's really good for them to get to run around.

Since the boys started walking, I have not taken them to the park by myself. They're in that stage where they're able to walk but not quite able to understand "no" or that they can't walk in front of a swing (with a kid in it) or step off the gym equipment that's 4 feet off the ground. So, right now, it's pretty much a two person job to take them to the park. But, a friend invited me to the park yesterday, so I decided to attempt it. We brought a blanket and some snacks and I fed the boys while we were there. It was packed and a quite the job to keep up with them, but I know they enjoyed it. I pushed them in the swings forever, they never seem to get tired of that. I had a lot of fun, but I think I'll continue to take them in the afternoons with Greg until they get a little older. After Greg got home, we decided to take them to another park that Greg hasn't been to and the boys have only been once a long time ago. It's a church park about 3 minutes from our house. I had a MOPS meeting last night and I wanted to make sure the boys got out all their energy and went to sleep good since it would just be Greg at home with them. They loved the new park. We stayed for quite awhile.

My MOPS meeting was a lot of fun. We had a guest speaker, a chiropractor, who talked about alternative medicine. It was very interesting. I didn't agree with everything he said, he was pretty extreme, but I think he had a lot of valid points. Afterwards, one of the girls read something that she found in a magazine about parenting that had all of us in tears. It was a great piece about some days are going to be rough and you're going to be that "bad" mom, and some days are going to be great and you're going to feel like a "great" mom. It was perfect for the season of life that everybody seems to be in right now. Then we enjoyed some delicious snacks that some of the girls brought and sat around and talked for awhile. It was nice to spend some time with other moms without the boys. I love playdates and stuff, but it's really hard to talk while watching two very active boys. So, it's nice to have a mix of activities some with the boys, some without, some with just moms, some with families, etc.

I took a ton of pictures yesterday. Sometimes, it's hard to get pictures at the park, so since I was able to (the boys were being pretty calm and weren't trying to jump off the equipment) so I took advantage of it and took a lot of pictures. You've been warned. ;)

I brought the boys a snack to eat when we got to the park.





 When they got done with their snack, Carter spotted the stroller and wanted to play with it. I couldn't believe he was playing with that when the park was right there.
Evan was finishing up his drink and kept finding puffs on the blanket. He wasn't going to let any of them go to waste.
 Carter spotted the park. He was so happy. On his shirt is one of the iron-ons I ordered from ETSY. I ordered several and had to pick one of them to try first. I was so afraid I'd ruin it, so I didn't want to pick any of the ones that I had personalized with their names. This one says "I watch Georgia football with my daddy" The iron on ended up being super easy to put on and I love it. I can't wait to do their shirts for the pumpkin patch this weekend.

 And he's off.
 This is the park that right next to our house. It's a nice park that belongs to a church. They let the community use it, even if you're not a member of the churche.
 Both boys can climb the steps and go to the slide and slide down all by themselves. It's so cute to watch. and they love the slides!!!
 This is Evan's favorite part to any park. The steering wheels. He will spend so much time on those. He loves them.
 Looks like such a big boy.
 So serious. He loves watching the other kids and seeing what they're doing.
 Evan was about to go down but Carter got tired of waiting, so he just hopped on and passed Evan.

 Another steering wheel.


 This was the set up for the MOPS meeting. I thought it looked nice. We each had a candle with our name on it that was lit for the meeting. I really enjoyed it.

1 comment :

  1. Your boys are adorable!!! We are definitely in the same boat right now!! I bet we could share stories all day long! : )

    ReplyDelete