Sunday, January 15, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings

Greg and I both love chicken and dumplings. It's one of the things he always tells me to ask my mom to make when we visit. I've never attempted chicken and dumplings before. I've seen so many different types of recipes, ranging from making the dumplings from scratch (which I don't have time for) to using canned biscuits for the dumplings. I was always hesitant to try the easy recipes because I figured there's no way they could taste good, if they did, why would anybody spend hours making this dish? Well, I saw an easy crock pot version on Pinterest and decided to go ahead and try it. It was so easy and cheap, I figured if it didn't turn out good, we weren't out much. I was shocked at how good it turned out! We both loved it. It was simple and delicious. We both agreed it'd be yummy to add some carrots or celery but it's fine the way it is. Besides the biscuits, we usually have all the ingredients on hand for this. The recipe called for 4 biscuits, but 8 come in a container, so we added 2 extra biscuits to the crock pot and cooked the other two to serve with the soup.

Crock Pot Chicken & Dumplings
Ingredients:
1lb of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (3-5)
2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
2 cans (10.5oz) Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can (14oz) Chicken Broth
1 medium White Onion, diced
4 Large Flaky Refrigerator Biscuits


Place chicken in crock pot (I put mine in frozen) and top with butter. Add cream of chicken soup, chicken broth and diced onions. Cook on High for 4-6 hours.
Remove chicken from crock pot and use a fork to shred. Return chicken to the crock pot. Cut each uncooked biscuit into 9 pieces and stir into the chicken mixture. Continue to cook on High for 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Makes about 6-8 servings.

I couldn't get a good picture of the finished product, so here's the picture from Pinterest.

No comments :

Post a Comment