Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Back to Normal

**I want to preface this post by saying that I write a lot of posts that are REALLY boring to everybody else, but I want to remember the details, so I blog about it, and this is one of those posts. It's all about our sick week last week. The next time we get sick, I want to be able to look back and think "well, at least we'r e not as sick as we were that week". The next time Greg doesn't take out the trash, I can look back at this post and know "well, at least when Carter and I were both throwing up, he stayed up for basically 6 hours cleaning everything up, changing pjs, changing sheets, etc."**

Things are finally getting back to normal around here. Last week was really rough, it all started Sunday night around 10:00 when Evan started crying. I went in to check on him and found that he'd thrown up. I quickly bathed him and put on fresh pjs while Greg changed the sheets. We put him back to bed and a few minutes later he started crying again and had thrown up again. 3 hours later, several pajama changes and crib sheet changes later, he was finally done throwing up, although it took him even longer than that to fall back into a deep sleep. I stayed up and rocked him and checked on him while Greg slept and he got up with the boys in the morning while I slept in. I'm so glad Greg has a flexible schedule that allows for things like this.
Evan woke up happy and seemed fine. He didn't have as much of an appetite as he normally does, but other than that, he seemed fine. So, Greg went on to work. Both boys played great that day and acted fine, but as the day progressed I started to get a sore throat and feel achy. When Greg came home, he took both boys out so I could take a nap. The next day I was worse, body aches, tired, chills, etc. So, Greg took off work and kept the boys for me while I rested most of the day.
That night, about 11:00, Carter woke up crying, Greg went to check on him and he had thrown up. I got up and bathed Carter, and put him in fresh pajamas while Greg changed his sheets. I started to feel sick and then I threw up. I thought it might just be from cleaning up Carter, so I didn't think anything of it. Carter threw up again and I then I did also. I started to feel so sick to my stomach that I could barely move without gagging. Greg ended up taking care of Carter until about 2:30 when he finally quit throwing up and went to sleep. I just laid in bed, trying not to move and trying not to throw up. My stomach hurt so bad and I was so miserable. About 3-4, I ran to the bathroom, but didn't make it in time and threw up all over the bathroom. Greg got up and cleaned the bathroom and helped me back in bed. I ended up throwing up again before I finally fell asleep.
When the boys woke up that morning about 7:30, I couldn't even get out of bed. I felt worse than I've ever felt. Poor Greg had been up all night cleaning up and helping me and Carter and then he started to feel bad, but since I couldn't get out of bed, he got up with the boys. He ended up calling someone to come over and stay with the boys since I wasn't able to help and he was feeling worse and worse. She kept the boys from about 11-2 in the basement so we could sleep. I honestly don't know what we would have done without her help. When she left, I went downstairs to see if I could help with the boys, but was feeling so awful. My doctor called me in something for the nausea, so we decided to go to Target. I drove there and Greg ran in while I stayed in the car with the boys. Just sitting in the car was more than I could handle and Greg had to drive back. We were in bad shape. We made it through the rest of the afternoon and put the boys to bed early. I slept on the couch while Greg watched some tv and then we went to bed about 7:30.
Thursday, Greg was feeling much better. I was still feeling awful, but not nearly as bad as Wednesday. My mom was came up from Georgia, she already had a trip planned to come stay with us for 2 weeks, so we thought it was perfect timing, since we needed some help. It was so nice Friday and Saturday when I was still on the mend to have an extra pair of hands to help with everything.
 But, unfortunately, my mom caught the same thing we had. She started feeling a little rough on Sunday and now she's where we were last Wednesday. I feel awful that she caught it. We've been careful with washing hands and everything, but if the boys are carrying it and you're around them--you will catch it, apparently. Poor Mamaw. :(
 Apparently, what we had is going around the whole county, so a lot of people are feeling like we did.

 Oh, and on top of getting sick, Carter got his top two canine teeth in last week. Of course.

Luckily, I am 100% again (except I've lost my voice for some reason, so I sound awful--but feel fine). It's also supposed to be unseasonably warm today--a high of 67, so after the boys wake up from their nap, I'm going to take them to Yoder's to pet the animals and eat some lunch, then maybe to a park to run off some energy, then hopefully, they'll take a second nap this afternoon. Greg is working late (until 6) for the next two weeks, so it'll just be us until bathtime.

Here's some pictures I took last week. I didn't take many, and the ones I did take were from my phone.

The boys playing in the basement

Both boys love blocks that snap together.

I love watching them play.

Carter with his little people cars. It's blurry, but he was looking at the camera and smiling, so I had to post it.

Evan and Carter both decided they wanted to climb up and stand on this chair. Always climbing somthing, and they are definitely "monkey see, monkey do" about everything!!

I love that they are sitting next to each other on the floor, they look so cute!!

I'm so glad it's supposed to be warmer out today. I'm looking forward to spring and summer. Warm weather, sunny days, and no more colds for awhile!!

No comments :

Post a Comment