Sunday, January 22, 2012

Week Recap

As you saw from the pictures I used for my project 365, last week was rough, but we did do a lot of fun things also. Tuesday night I had my Mom's Night Out with MOPs and we had craft night. We made these fun, fleece scarves and sat around and talked. Wednesday we had a playdate with the little girl next door. That was the first day of the boys officially being on one nap a day. Thursday, we had a MOPs playgroup in the morning and a pizza making party playdate that afternoon. Friday, we ran some errands and took it easy. We rented "Rise of the Apes" to watch that night, and I really liked it. Greg and I have been renting a lot of comedies lately, most of them not being very good, so a drama was a nice change of pace.

I didn't get a lot of picture last week, but here's Carter after the pizza making playdate. Greg and Evan were at the gym, and after I got home, I decided to add a couple more toppings to the pizza. Carter was my little helper. He helped put toppings on and he taste tested the toppings to make sure they were good.

Then, he decided it was fun to throw the toppings on the floor.

Saturday, we took the boys to Chik-Fil-A in the pj's for free breakfast. Our Chik-Fil-A does family activities a lot and it was a fun excuse to get out of the house. We came back to the house to let the boys play a little bit, then headed out to the gym. After working out, we came home, fed the boys lunch and put them down for their one nap. It's a bit of an adjustement going from two naps to one, for them and us. After they woke up, we ran to Sam's Club and came home and I made stuffed green peppers, I thought they turned out great and I'll post the recipe here in a couple of days. After the boys went to bed, we watched the movie "Courageous". I've been wanting to see it since it came out in theaters. I thought it was really good but it had some really sad parts.

Evan and Greg in the morning. Evan never sits on our laps for more than a few seconds and he sat with Greg for a long time, I had to get a picture.

The boys at Chik-Fil-A, enjoying their free chicken mini's.

I couldn't get this picture to turn right.

It was really dreary the entire day. There was hardly anybody out. Greg had to get his haircut on the way home, the boys and I waited in the warm car.

Waiting on daddy.

Ice on the trees.

Today, we woke up, got ready, went out to breakfast, and then to church. We've really wanted to try some churches around here to find one that works for us so we can start going every Sunday. Now that the boys are on one nap a day and don't mind if we leave them in the nursery, we've started our search again. The church we went to this morning actually has a few different locations, so we're going to try out a different location next Sunday. The service and environment was more Greg's cup of tea, it  had a more contemporary feel with a christian pop band and laid back atmosphere. I prefer a more tradtional service, but I'm just happy to be going to church. I completely forgot to take pictures, but the boys looked cute in their khaki's and polo shirts and Greg even wore a tie. The boys are napping now, and when they wake up, we're hoping to get to the gym again. I'm making grilled southwest chicken wraps for dinner and if they turn out good, I'll post the recipe here.

I hope everybody is having a good weekend.

No comments :

Post a Comment