Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Weekend Recap

Saturday morning, we decided to take the boys to the park. They decided to explore the areas around the park and since there was nobody there, we just let them lead the way. They had so much fun running around and exploring the area. When we came home, I got ready and left for my photography class. I found a great deal on Living Social that I couldn't pass up. It was 3 hours long and was just an introductory class, I can't wait to practice the things I learned and eventually take the second part of the class.

Evan got so excited about a squirrel that was at the park. He squealed and laughed while pointing at him.



 The boys ran around dugout for the longest time. We were at the park for a little over an hour and they did this for over half the time we were there. They just kept going around and around.



 Carter thought he was something when he discovered the baseball field.

The boys learned really quick that they could get through just about any gate.

This park is one of our favorites because of how nice it is and the beautiful views.

Looking at the handout before class. I'm so glad I took this photography class.

#17 on my 30 Before 30 list is learn how to use my camera.

When I got home, Greg mowed the lawn. Our grass was really long and ended up leaving tons of cut grass on top of the grass, it looked awful. We knew we couldn't leave it like that. So, on Sunday, Greg took the boys to Sam's Club and I raked the front yard and bagged all the grass. I have the blisters on my hands to prove it. Ugh, I really do not like yardwork. The only thing I like to deal with is my vegetable garden, but only after Greg has done all the hard work of planting everything. I'm not a yard person. But, I do want our yard to look nice this year, so I have a long to do list of things to do outside this spring, so hopefully, I'll come to love it.

I was also able to plant a few herbs inside to put in my kitchen window. We're still getting morning frosts, so I can't plant any of my herbs or vegetables outside yet, but I'm really looking forward to it getting warmer so I can get started on all that.

Monday morning, I hosted a Moms of Multiples playdate at our house. There were 3 moms that came, and 9 kids (11 kids total). One set of boy/boy twins that were 23 months old, one set of 2 year old triplets (two girls and a boy) a set of 2 year old girl twins and their two older sisters, since it's spring break and they're out of school. I really enjoyed it, all the kids seem to have a great time playing. I love hosting since I don't have to load the boys up, drive across town, and then worry about them falling asleep in the car on the way back. We had muffins and coffee and the moms were able to talk. They meet up once a week, rotating the house we go to. I cannot believe I didn't get any pictures of the madness, kids were everywhere, toys were everywhere--it was crazy but so much fun! And all the kids were SO well behaved.

After the boys nap, we all went to Carter's allergy appointment. Evan was a little restless, so Greg took him into the waiting room to play while Carter and I met with the doctor. Poor Carter has had allergies for the past week and a half. Around the same time Greg and I started having them. His eyes are swollen, he has a rash on his arms and legs that itches, his nose is stuffy, you can just tell he's miserable. I feel so bad for him. So, we were given some suggestions and told to put him on children's zyrtec and see if that helps. I hate having him on medication this young, but we want him to be able to play outside and enjoy the warm weather and enjoy being a kid. I really hope the things the doctor suggested help and we don't have to go back anytime soon.

Carter in the exam room, I've learned to bring food and toys to the doctor's office to keep the boys busy. He's eating Vanilla Cupcake goldfish out of his truck bed. isn't his shirt so cute! Evan has one with his name and a fire truck.

Well, that's what we've been up to the past couple of days. I hope everybody had a great weekend.

No comments :

Post a Comment