Monday, April 16, 2012

Weekend Recap

We had a great weekend. The weather was nice and we were able to do some fun things AND I was able to get some not so fun things done around the house. Saturday afternoon, after the boys nap, we went to the park and let them play and then we went to mexican for dinner. We sat outside so we wouldn't have to worry about the boys being too loud and it worked out great. The boys are pretty picky these days, but they love mexican food.



Sunday, we woke up and went to the Reston Zoo. I'm going to do a seperate post just on the zoo because there's a ton of pictures and it was their first time at the zoo. It was a blast! When we got home, the boys unpacked the lunch box that we had drinks in and got two sodas. They would put the unopened sodas to the mouths and make gulping sounds and kept saying "mmmm" it was so funny!! I guess the cans were cold because they kept setting them on the ground and then picking them back up.

Mmmm....unopened diet dr. pepper. yummy.




After we unpacked our car from the zoo (it was 2 hours away and I brought enough stuff for a weekend getaway) Greg took the boys into the basement and played with them while I organized both pantries. We needed to go grocery shopping but had no idea what we already had because the panty had become such a mess. I've been wanting to do it for awhile, but it's not something I can do with the boys in the kitchen because they'll get into everything.

Before:

Before:

Before:

Before:

Before:
After:

After:


After:

I was pretty fast with the pantries, so I also organized my junk drawer in the kitchen. It was getting out of control.


I still have some work in the pantry to do, I've seen so many cute, organizational ideas for pantries on Pinterest. I hope to find the time to do some more later, but at least now we can at least see what we have.

Our weekend was definitely too short, but Greg only has to work 4 days this week, and then he has a 3 day weekend! yay! I'll do a post on the zoo seperately later. I also got tagged in a blog award, so I'll do that post soon, too. It's nice out and in the 80's, so after the boys nap, I'm going to take them outside and enjoy this weather.

No comments :

Post a Comment