Friday, May 24, 2013

Preschool Graduation

Wednesday morning, the boys preschool had a preschool graduation program. The 4 year old wore graduation caps and got little preschool diplomas since they would be going into kindergarten next year. The kids put on a cute little performance of songs they had been practicing for awhile. Greg was able to come, so he took video on my phone and I took picture. It was so cute to see all the kids singing. Evan has actually been singing a couple of the songs around the house for several days, so I was super excited to see them perform.

The teachers warn you that the kids will lift up their dresses, pick their noses, turn around and stare at the older kids, etc. They say to expect them to see you and want to come sit with you right that minute, so it was nice to have a heads up on what to expect. I thought the boys did good. I was SO proud of Evan. He did exactly what he was supposed to do and sat quietly and followed all the directions. He saw us as soon as they came in the room and he was so excited! Carter was partnered up with his best friend and was just so hyped up! He wasn't being bad (in my opinion) but it was hard for him to concentrate on singing and dancing when there was playing to do. ;)

Evan loved looking back at the older kids while singing.

I thought all the kids did really well and were so cute.


As they were singing one of their songs about a spotted frog on a log, the kids would go and sit down as they counted down the frogs. Here's Carter and his friend, Konnor.

Once the kids sat down because their part was over, I think it was hard for them to stay focused. They didn't have to sit long, but they're 2 and sitting for any amount of time is hard. Evan did SO well,  he still clapped and listened. I was so surprised! They have such different personalities at school than they do at home and they never do what I assume they will--they like to keep me on my toes.

I think he was just super excited that Greg was there.

I tried to zoom using my phone, but they came out a little blurry, but just look how happy he is!

Carter had a blast. He gets so hyped up around Konnor (both boys do) they really adore him. There's another boy in their class that they were sitting next to and they roped him into their shenanigans. :)
 I tried to upload the videos using the blogger thing, but I'm not sure if it worked right. I'll do a separate post with the videos, using links from youtube. We didn't want one super long video, so Greg filmed each song separately. I also got one of the boys while they were sitting.
 
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment