Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Trip to Tennessee

The last weekend in April, I went to Tennessee to visit one of my aunts that's in the hospital. I left Greg in charge of the boys and I left early Friday morning and got back home after the boys were in bed on Saturday night. So, it was a quick trip, but I'm so glad I was able to go.

The drive down was almost 6 hours. As a stay at home mom, those 6 hours in the car were so relaxing. :) I cranked up the radio and just enjoyed having the car to myself. Plus, it's such a pretty drive.

Mmmm....a diet vanilla dr. pepper. I made about 5 stops at Sonic on the way there and back just to get my diet vanilla dr. pepper fix. They have the best drinks. We don't have one in our town, so I have to drink as much as I can when I'm on a road trip.

I met my mom and sister in Newport and then we all drove to Knoxville together.

We went and saw my aunt at the hospital. My other aunt was there too, so we just sat and talked and caught up. It was so nice to spend some time with my family. I don't see them nearly enough.


After visiting with my aunts, we left and checked into our hotel room. Then, we went to Olive Garden for dinner. I hadn't seen my mom and sister since Christmas. My sister just got on Instagram, so I had somebody who shared my obsession with taking pictures of everything! I'm pretty sure my mom thought we were nuts. ;)

After dinner, we headed back to the hotel room, showered and just talked and talked. I slept so good! Greg had been so good about texting me updates on how the boys were doing and so I knew they were all doing fine without me. The next morning, we got up and went by the hospital again and then back to Newport where we had lunch and went out separate ways.

I feel like I spent more time driving than I did with my family, but it was so worth it. I love seeing everybody, and really need to do it more often. Greg said he enjoyed his "boys weekend"! I'm so lucky to have a husband that helps out like that and the boys are lucky to have a dad that loves spending time with them. I knew the boys were in good hands, so I wasn't worried the whole trip and was really able to enjoy it.

No comments :

Post a Comment