Saturday, December 3, 2011

Recipes

I tried a couple new recipes from Pinterest this week. The first recipe was a crockpot breakfast casserole. I thought this would be perfect on Christmas morning, you put it on the night before and then it's ready when you wake up. Greg and I both liked it, but I wouldn't make it for just any weekend breakfast. I'd only make it if we had company because it makes a ton.

The second recipe I tried was a crock pot macaroni and cheese. I really wanted to find a homemade macaroni and cheese recipe to start having as part of Thanksgiving and Christmas. This was perfect! It's made in the crock pot, so it doesn't take up any space in the oven or on top of the stove, it makes a ton, and it was delicious. This is another thing I wouldn't make unless we had guests because it just makes way too much.

And last, I made Paula Deen's "Not Yo Mamma's Banana Pudding". I've been wanting to try a banana pudding recipe, and I've been seeing this one floating around several different blogs, so I decided to go ahead and try it. Every blog I read said that they didn't use the pepperidge farms cookies that the recipe calls for and instead used vanilla wafers, so I did too. This was really good, it doesn't say to let it sit overnight, but it really needs too. This recipe was really inexpensive and easy to make.

Next week, I have some healthier recipes planned that I found, like one for baked pickles. Mmmm...

No comments :

Post a Comment