Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Day

Christmas morning, the boys got up and ate breakfast. Evan noticed the presents and stockings after he ate and started going for them as soon as everybody was coming in the living room. Me, Greg, and the boys wore our matching pjs that his mom sent us for Christmas, but I didn't get any pictures of the four of us. :( I can't believe I didn't get a family picture on Christmas. :(

Here's some of the pics I did get, I gave each boy a stocking with stuff from the dollar section at Target, I saw some cute things that I wanted them to have, so I've been saving them for stocking stuffers for awhile.

Evan found the Skittles right away and immediately grabbed both from each stocking and thought he was done. Carter was so excited about these play dough tools, I don't think he even knew what they were for, but he was excited to get them.

Carter wanted Papaw to help open all his presents. He would get one and say "help me, help me"

I love this picture, Carter asked for help and then got distracted by one of his toys. haha

Greg and Carter in their matching pjs.

Evan ripping open those stocking stuffers. Thy got these Cars packs with crayons, stickers and a coloring book.


Aunt Caroline playing with the boys magna doodle. ;)

The big present this year was their easels. I got them a Melissa and Doug easel with a chalkboard side, a white erase board side and a roll of paper that can be pulled over the easel to paint or color on. I also got them a Magna Doodle Easel and both of them are a huge hit. I got a great deal on them both and am so excited that they like them.


I filled up the paint cups (the spill proof Melissa and Doug ones) with a little water and they "paint" the chalkboard. They love doing that. I got the idea from another mom in our playgroup.

I put the boys in their high chairs to play with the play doh, the loved the tools they got. I got them each a bag and they came with several cookie cutters, rolling pins, scissors, etc all to be used on play doh.


Everybody relaxing on the couch watching Aladdin.

Sheetz had free coffee on Christmas day, so me, Greg, and my sister decided to run up there (it's like half a mile away) to get some coffee. We thought that it would be dead since it was Christmas so we went like we were--in our pjs, no make up, etc. Greg put on socks with sandles. :)

But, we were wrong. Sheetz was packed! I couldn't believe how many people were there, most of them dressed nice like they were on their way to somebody's house to celebrate Christmas. I was so embarrassed to be in there looking like I did.

Proof of the long line of people buying stuff.

But, our yummy and FREE coffees were worth it. I got a candy cane coffee and it tasted a lot like a peppermint mocha from Starbucks.

The boys played hard all morning, you can tell they were worn out!

I got Christmas dinner ready about 12:30, so the boys were able to join us, but they weren't interested in any of it. I made ham, homemade mashed potatoes, homemade macaroni and cheese, green beans, corn, sweet potato casserole, cranberry sauce, and crescent rolls. My mom helped out so much in the kitchen and everybody else kept the boys entertained and out of the kitchen.

After lunch, we all took naps. When the boys woke up, it was more playtime. The boys got some last bit of playtime in before going to bed. We sat around and talked and had cobbler and ice cream. We all got lots of nice gifts and had a great time with my family. I feel like each Christmas with the boys gets better and better. They're at a much easier age now, so we can all really enjoy the day and they understand more and more each year, so it's so much fun.

No comments :

Post a Comment