Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Eve Eve and Christmas Eve

Sunday morning we let the boys open their presents from Aunt B (my friend, Brandi) and her boyfriend, Mr. James. Since they're still so young, I knew that they'd get overwhelmed on Christmas day and not know who any of the gifts were from, so we let them open gifts as they got them so we could tell them that it was from a certain person. I still don't think they got the concept of who gifts were coming from, but it was nice to split it up a little. Evan got the concept of ripping off the wrapping paper right away, but Carter still likes to be gentle. He actually brought his toy over to play with while opening the gifts. :) I don't think he knew he was getting new things to play with.


The boys loved their gifts, they got play doh, books, mario cars, and a movie.

These are the best cars, they really have some power, you pull them back and they will go across the house.


Carter, admiring his car.

We let the boys play with their playdoh right away. They loved it.

They loved all their gifts from Aunt B & Mr. James, they are very lucky (and spoiled!) little boys.

Later that morning, we took the boys to the park since we knew it was calling for snow and sleet for the next few days. It was cold, but the boys didn't mind one bit.
My parents and sister arrived from Georgia about 3:30-4:00 on Sunday. They played with the boys and got settled in. Monday morning, we woke up and it was snowing! We did make a quick trip to Target for a few things, but other than that, we stayed inside and played and just hung out.

The boys coloring.

During the boys nap (evan, Greg, and carter) my parents helped me put together the boys easels for Christmas, and by "helped" I mean, they put the entire thing together for me. :) I wrapped the rest of the boys gifts and we were all set for Christmas morning.

After the boys woke up, all the guys went out in the garage while my dad grilled steak. I'm sure the neighbors thought we were crazy to be grilling with it so cold (and snowing) outside, but the steak was so worth it! The boys got a ton of samples outside while my dad was grilling. My mom cooked some onions and baked potatoes for the steaks and I got the breakfast casserole ready for Christmas morning (we had a crock pot breakfast casserole that you put on the night before) I wish I would have got more pictures, I'm always so bad about getting pictures when my family is in town. :(

No comments :

Post a Comment