Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Taco Egg Bake

I always imagined cooking breakfast on the weekends for the whole family and us sitting around in our pjs eating together. And then I had kids. I do not have time to cook and eat breakfast on the weekends, the boys are not going to wait for me to cook something for scratch and Greg and I have take turns sleeping in. So, we decided to start having breakfast for dinner once a week. We still all get to enjoy some fun, breakfast favorites without having to deal with trying to cook in the mornings. I hope that when the boys get older, we'll get our fun, relaxing, weekend mornings, but for now, this will do.

I love this recipe becuase we always have leftover taco meat when we make tacos and this is a perfect recipe to use it up. Also, there's a million things you could add to this recipe to make it a little different, but we thought it was great just the way it was.

Taco Egg Bake

Ingredients
1 tube refrigerated crescent rolls
10 eggs
1/3 cup water
3 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups prepared taco meat
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup salsa

1. Unroll crescent roll dough into a greased 13x9 baking dish. Seal seams and perforations; set aside.
2. In a small bowl,whisk eggs and water. In a large skillet, heat butter until hot. Add egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are almost set. Remove from the heat.
3. Sprinkle taco meat over dough. Layer with eggs, cheeses and salsa. Bake, uncovered, at 375 for 14-16 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.


My pictures are never great and they certainly don't make the recipes look all that appetizing, but it gets dark at 5:00 so it's impossible to get a decent picture. Plus, i take these for me for when I look back to get an idea for dinner. If I didn't take a picture, I would not be able to remember having it. So, hopefully y'all aren't judging the recipes based on the pictures, because they really are better than they look. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment