Saturday, December 8, 2012

Our Week

I know I've mentioned before that Greg normally works 6-3 and gets a 3 day weekend every other week. Well, every few months, he has to work 10-6 for two weeks, with no 3 day weekend during that shift. It's a totally normal work schedule, but we're so spoiled with him getting off at 3:00 normally, that his late shifts are rough! I love his normal schedule and I'm so thankful for it. This week was his first of two weeks working the 10-6 shift. I didn't get nearly as many pictures as I normally do, but here's our week in pics.

Monday, we hosted our moms of mulitples (aka SuperMOMs) playgroup at our house. I didn't get a single picture of the playgroup, but here's the boys playing before everybody got to our house. This is what they wore during the play date, too. They didn't want to change and since we weren't leaving the house, it wasn't worth the battle.

They love their train table and play with it every single day. Evan loves putting together the tracks and is so good at it.

We ran several errands this week. We normally do those after Greg gets home, but this week I took the boys by myself to the places we needed to go. Most of those errands went well, except for an epic meltdown in Walmart. We went by the post office to get stamps and the sweet guy working gave the boys stickers. He told him he was making them honorary post men for the day and everything. He was so nice! Carter wore his sticker all day.

I ordered our Christmas cards, stamped the envelopes, and addressed them. I'll write more about them (and post a pic) after I get them mailed out.

We got the boys winter coats at Sam's Club this week. it's getting pretty cold and they have to have them. They wore them for the first time on Thursday at preschool. I thought they looked cute in them, but apparently Carter gave the poor teachers a hard time about wearing his. But, they said he gave in after a few minutes and agreed to wear it to the playground.

Thursday, I turned 30. Whomp, whomp... But, it was a really nice day. I got to sleep in (the plus side of Greg going in later) and Greg took the morning off and we ran errands and went to lunch while the boys were in preschool. I didn't get a single picture, of course. When  picked up the boys from preschool and came home, my friend came over with this sweet gift. How cute is that!!

The boys thought it was pretty awesome, too!

:) Mmmm.....lollipops. That night I had a MOPs meeting, so Greg and I didn't do the normal dinner and cake thing. The MOPs meeting was our Christmas traditions meeting where they invite moms that have grown children to come talk to us about the traditions they did with their families over the holidays. I was so excited to go, it was the perfect meeting to have on my birthday.

The boys love coloring. They spend so much time during the day coloring. It's so cute to see them. I got them these $1.00 packets at Target that have a coloring book, stickers, and crayons in them. The "theme" was snowmen, so I thought it was a fun thing to bring out this week.

Friday afternoon, I had run out of ideas of things to do with the boys, so we ran a couple of errands and then went to PetsMart and looked around like it was a zoo. The boys love just looking at the fish and birds and stuff.


We also had picture day on Friday at the boys preschool. Carter refused to sit for the photographer. But, Evan sat and posed for her. We get the pictures back next Friday and I can't wait to see them.

No comments :

Post a Comment