Monday, July 7, 2014

Splash Parks and Baking

Last week, the boys and I met two other moms from my mom group at a park for a playdate. It's a park we haven't been to since we first moved here and the boys were excited about going somewhere new. There's two playgrounds, covered picnic areas and a splash pad.

The weather wasn't too bad, it was hot, but compared to how the summer has been, it was a mild day.

The boys had so much fun a the park, we ended up staying 2 hours. They mostly played on the park.


The boys only went to school on Tuesday last week because they were sick on Thursday. :(

While the boys were in school, I met my mom and sister to pick blueberries & blackberries again. We picked for almost 2 hours, it was hot, but so worth it.

Wednesday and Thursday, Carter wasn't feeling good. He had a fever and a sore throat, so we took it easy. I let them play outside while I watered my garden, but for the most part, we avoided playing outside since it was so hot.

The boys helped me bake some homemade blueberry muffins.

Carter was so excited for the muffins to be done so he could eat one. I love this picture of him watching them bake--so cute!

No pretty, but they were delicious.

I also made a blueberry lemon bread with a lemon glaze, also not pretty, but it was amazing. This did not last long in our house.

I finally finished my wooden flag, I got it done just in time for 4th of July, but it ended up being way too big, but it was fun to do (except for the stars, they were a PAIN!!)

No comments :

Post a Comment