Saturday, July 12, 2014

Twin Playdate

Monday, the boys and I went to the gym and they played in the kid zone while I worked out. When we got home, I filled up the pool and let them play while I watered my garden.

My mom dropped off a ton of tomatoes, green peppers and jalapenos, so I made some homemade spaghetti sauce that doesn't require peeling the tomatoes.

It was so easy, you just seed the tomatoes, bake them with garlic, basil, an onion, salt and pepper and then blend it and put it in a bag and freeze it. Greg and I tried it before freezing it and it was really good.

I love getting a picture of the boys before I drop them off at their summer program. Most days they are such troopers about getting their picture taken, but Tuesday they refused to take a picture together.

The boys love playing on the playground when we get there early. They're always so excited to be there, so this probably helps get a little of that energy out before going into class.

While they were at school, I made some jalapeno salsa. I had an extra half pint left over, so I ate it with green peppers and over eggs this week. It was delicious.

We let the boys watch tv after dinner until it's time to go upstairs and take a bath (one or two episodes of their favorite shows) and they've been complaining when we turn the tv off, so now Greg plays with them after turning the tv off to distract them.

He's under the blanket and they're both on top of him, covering him up, saying he's their prisoner.

I don't know which of the 3 boys enjoys this more, but it involves lots of laughing and squealing from all 3 of them. :)

Wednesday, I met the Moms of Multiples group at Hoppy Feet, the boys had a BLAST! and it was so nice to meet some of the other twin moms here. Hoppy Feet gave us a discount for being a moms group, which was nice.

We stayed for about 2 hours, the boys were worn out when we left.

All the kids got along so well.

There was another small group (a daycare or something) that ordered pizza, so the boys saw them eating pizza and wanted some. So, when we left, I decided to take the boys out to lunch at the Pizza Joint--all by myself. I think this is the first time I've ever taken both boys to a sit down restaurant by myself. They were so excited.

They didn't have crayons or anything for the kids and I didn't have anything on me, but the boys did great while we waited, they talked and were really well behaved.

Carter taking a selfie. :)

I got the boys a kids slice of pizza and it came already cut up and with a side of chips. I got the lunch combo with a salad and a slice of pizza. My salad came with these delicious rolls. I was trying to be good, so I gave them to Evan who gobbled them right up.

Evan ate almost all his pizza and some chips.

Carter ate his entire pizza and most of his chips. These boys worked up an appetite at Hoppy Feet. I was really happy at how easy lunch was with them.

When you pay for admission to Hoppy Feet, it's good all day, so after their naps, Greg took them back there to play until dinner time while I mowed the entire yard! Yep, me! I had never even touched a lawnmower before Wednesday, but I didn't feel like going to the gym, so I insisted on doing it hoping it would be somewhat of a workout. Greg showed me how to start it and then left with the boys. I think that I did really well for my first time and I've decided to take over mowing the lawn.

This is what getting my drop off picture on Thursday looked like.

Their friend was walking up and they were not concerned with taking this picture, they were so excited to see their friend and start playing. But, I had to document the fact that they are not in matching (or even coordinating) outfits.

No comments :

Post a Comment