Monday, December 15, 2014

End of the Semester

 I'm finally done with this semester. My first semester back to school since 2006 has worn me out! I was taking two very difficult classes (Anatomy and Microbiology) and just learning to manage my time and balance everything I needed to do. I was so ready to be done at the end that I actually took my last final exam a day early. My microbiology class met on Thursdays at 3, but he also had a class on Wednesdays at 6:00, I just went on Wednesday night to get it over with.  I ended up with an "A" in both classes, which I am ecstatic about!! I have two more classes to take in the spring (plus the TEAS exam)  and then I'll apply to nursing school for Fall 2015.
 
 The boys enjoyed my last week of school too. I didn't do homework while they were home unless they were sleeping, but it just felt like a huge weight had been lifted. I was able to enjoy what we were doing more when I wasn't worried about an upcoming test or something I needed to be doing for school.
 
That Tuesday (the day before my last final) we did an inexpensive reindeer craft. I'm trying to do something crafty with the boys every day. I've found so many cheap and easy things on Pinterest. The boys and I both enjoy our crafty time.

We've done a little shopping at Hobby Lobby.

The boys get to look at Christmas stuff and push the buttons on all the things that make noise (sorry fellow Hobby Lobby shoppers, we are THOSE people) It's a win-win, they have fun and I'm in Hobby Lobby--so obviously I'm happy!

We went to a story time at the library downtown that we went to a few weeks ago for Lego time. The boys really, really enjoy story time at Barnes and Noble, they listen to the stories, interact with the reader, and have a blast doing the craft at the end. I haven't found a library story time that like as much as Barnes and Noble, but we're going to keep looking.

Waiting on story time to start.

There was a preschool there on a field trip, we were the only ones there that weren't apart of the field trip.

The theme was "cookies" They had cookie themed books and sang songs about cookies. They even had cookies from the Kroger bakery to give all the kids with a juice box at the end. The cookies had peanuts in them, so the boys didn't eat them, but I thought it was pretty neat that the library had all that for the kids. Evan and Carter really surprised me, when it was time for cookies they told me "we can't have those, but it's ok, we have Bear Paws in the car, let's go" It didn't phase either of them that they didn't get to have a cookie.

After story time, we went and got some hot cocoa from Starbucks. I wanted to get a picture of them, and just so you can see what it's like to get a picture of these two monkeys, here's the outtakes. #1--Evan snarling.

#2 Carter looking confused and annoyed

#3--haha, oh Carter.
 
#4



There we go!! Finally. ;)

 
Thursday was our last MOMS bible study before our Christmas break. We don't meet again until January, so we all brought goodies to munch on and talk about Christmas traditions. We meet at 9:15, so I didn't have time to make anything in the morning and I had my final at 6pm the night before. So, Greg was sweet enough to pick up some pound cake and strawberries at Sam's Club while I was taking my final and I made these super easy kabobs when I got home that night.

After bible study, the boys and I went to Chick-Fil-A with the boys' sweet friend, Cooper and his mom and little brother.

When we got home, the boys and I did another easy and inexpensive craft. I thought I'd set the beads out and the boys would work on it for awhile and I'd get some laundry done. It took Carter about a minute to finish his candy cane. Haha. He decided that he wanted to put two white beads and then two red beads and Evan about had a fit! He couldn't stand that Carter wasn't doing it "just right" he even told me "mom, make him do it right" After Carter saw that it annoyed Evan, he decided to just start putting random beads on there! These two!

Evan doing his candy cane, the "right" way. ;)

Carter working on his candy cane. I barely got a picture before he was done.

Carter's candy cane.

Since I didn't have class that I had to rush off to that afternoon (which was such a great feeling) I went ahead and had the boys paint their paper plates and things for some crafts we're going to be doing this month, so they could dry and be ready for us to use.

The boys love painting, their favorite crafts are anything that they get to paint or use glue with. Of course.

That evening, the boys and I went to Chick-Fil-A for family night. They had people from Michael's doing crafts with the kids. The boys each got to make an ornament.

I thought they turned out so cute and they were so easy to make. Chick-Fil-A has several events each month for kids that are free, so we try and go when we can. The boys always have a good time.

The other ornament.

 So, basically, I'm out of school and there's been a lot of crafting going on. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment