Sunday, June 2, 2013

Last Two Days of Our GA Trip

 
 Tuesday morning, my mom had to go over to their old house to meet somebody there, so we decided to take the boys to the park. I was just going to take them to a small one near my parents house, but Greg wanted to go to Evans Towne Center, which has a really, really nice park. We took the boys last year on Thanksgiving, but we knew they'd be able to do even more now. We left about 8:45 and both boys fell asleep in the car on the way there.
 



Look how tall that slide is! Greg is 6'1 and it's like 3 times taller than him! The first time I came here, when the boys were about 15 months old, I couldn't imagine the boys being big enough to play on that thing.

The boys did not mind one bit that it was so big. They jumped right on and went down the slide several times.


I'm glad that they're able to do pretty much everything at the park now, even if sometimes it scares me.

Both boys loved this bridge/web. They love a challenge and both went across it twice.


The boys gave the rock wall a try, but half way up said it was "too big" so they went off to play on something else.


I couldn't believe it wasn't more packed. We did get there early, though.


You can see the boys getting pink in the face, it was warm and they were playing hard.
 
I love their little sleeveless shirts on them.
 
 
This is what Carter looked like the first time we came to this park in 2011. So tiny!! I had met a friend here and left Evan at home with my mom so I don't have a pic of Evan there when he was that little.

Afterwards, we picked up some Sonic for lunch and went over to see my mom at her old house. She was still waiting on the person to show up, so we had a little picnic in the floor. We discovered that the boys LOVE tater tots and they ended up having them a couple more times while we were in Georgia.

When we got home, the boys decided they didn't want to take a nap. I guess they thought the morning nap they had was enough. So, Greg went and laid down and I took the boys outside to play. They didn't want to get in the pool. Instead, they played at the water table for awhile and then started splashing each other with water. They would fill up a little solo cup and pour it on the other one and had the best time. They laughed and laughed. I got so tickled watching them, it was so cute. So...I took a million pics. :)


Carter jumping up in the air.

They had the best time out there doing that.




I took an obnoxious amount of pictures, but it's just so cute!

On the day we left, we stopped by to see my friend, Jennie. The boys are OBSESSED with her cats. They're gentle with them, but they want to pet them and when the cats run away, they're like "come back, cats, we want to play with you. I'm going to get you!" haha. Those poor cats.

While we were in Georgia, I was able to make it to Bed, Bath and Beyond to get a Tervis tumbler. Their section puts our BB&B's section to shame. I love my Tervis tumblers and I'm planning on getting the boys their own little ones for their birthday. They come with Toy Story or Jake and the Neverland Pirates. Greg will probably have a stroke when he finds out how much they are since they're for toddlers. :)
 
Of course, I made many stops at Sonic while we were in. I love their vanilla diet dr. peppers. They are my favorite drink! I'd get me a route 44 and just sip on it all afternoon. I even got a free coupons for free ones on our receipts, so obviously I had to go back and redeem them.

Our trip to Georgia was so nice. It made me so sad that we don't live next to family, but I'm so glad that we were able to make the trip down to see them. Long car rides with kids aren't easy, but it's definitely easier than flying. The boys had such a great time.

No comments :

Post a Comment