Saturday, June 1, 2013

Memorial Day

Memorial Day started off bright and early. The boys woke up pretty early every morning we were there. Some of that was probably due to the fact that we were putting them to bed early. It was my morning to get up with them, so I took them into Carter's room to play. They each have their own rooms at Mamaw's and Papaw's--they are definitely spoiled. They played so good together and I wanted to get a picture, also they were wearing cute, patriotic pjs for Memorial day.
 
Then, we headed downstairs for breakfast. My parents cooked breakfast several mornings that we were there. Biscuits and gravy, omelets, etc. Memorial day we had French toast. The boys loved sitting at the bar and watching Meemaw cook. And they loved the French toast!  
 
 My mom and I ran to town to do a little window shopping while the boys stayed home with Daddy and Papaw. I got them dressed in their red, white, and blue before we left and I wanted to get a picture of them together and this was how they posed.

Luckily, Papaw was there to help and of course, they listened to Papaw. They are the ones who insisted on holding hands. So cute.

Evan doesn't look happy, he wanted to go outside with Daddy and Papaw, so he's like "hurry up with these pictures!"

this was the closest thing to smiles that I got, but I'm happy.

My mom and I went to Cracker Barrel to look around the store part. We don't have one here and I love looking at the cute stuff they have in the store. We also went to Hobby Lobby and The Christmas Tree Shop--another two stores that we don't have up where we live. It was so nice to go out, just the two of us and look around some stores.

When we got home, the boys were napping! It was the first nap (in their beds) that they took while we were there.

It was pretty hot out that day, so the boys cooled off with some freezer pops. I got out the camera to take a picture and before I could say anything, Evan looked over and said in the most serious voice "cheese" and didn't smile or anything. It was so funny how serious and monotone he was about it. Clearly, he did not want to be interrupted while eating his freezer pop.

The boys weren't all that interested in playing in the pool, maybe because it was pretty warm that day. So, I finally talked them into eating their freezer pops in the pool.


 
 Then, we came inside and played while my dad grilled. The boys loved this toy and it was the most played with thing while we were there. You can't really tell by the picture, but I took this because they were playing so good together. They would play nicely for the longest time on this thing. They also had some major fights (and tantrums) over it and the fire truck that went with it. But, it was so cute to watch them play together and be nice. It's hard to capture moments like that on camera, because it doesn't look like anything special is happening, but I still like to take them because I know when I look back on it, I'll remember how they were being when I took this picture.

That was our Memorial Day. We actually got to spend Memorial day last year with my parents. We did the same, typical Memorial day things--water play, being outside, and grilling. Here they are last year.

No comments :

Post a Comment