Thursday, June 20, 2013

Climbing Trees

Wednesday, after the boys naps, we took them to meet some friends at the park near our house. We ended up waking the boys from their nap, so they were pretty grumpy when we got there, but our friend and her two daughters were there and two other sweet girls were playing. They all ended up playing together and having a great time.

The boys started climbing a tree while we were there. They've climbed this tree before, but I wanted to get some pictures of it. I can't believe they're old enough to climb trees now! :(

The girls had found a balloon on a stick, so they put it in their "secret" clubhouse under some bushes, where there was a strict "no boys allowed" rule. Evan thought this was hilarious and decided to stop climbing the tree and do his best to get that balloon, so I didn't get as many pictures of him climbing the tree.

Carter had no fear and made me so nervous. he'd just hang on a branch and swing. I didn't get any pictures of that because I was too busy trying to get him to stop trying to give me a heart attack.

You can see Evan peeking into the "girls secret area" They were so cute, I love the little games that kids come up with on their own.

Evan managed to get by the girl who was keeping watch and grabbed the stick and took off laughing.

It was funny to watch the boys being such "boys"--climbing trees, annoying the girls, running around.


The girls had to have a "meeting" to discuss how to protect this stick from Evan. haha. The girls were so sweet to the boys. One of them pushed Evan and Carter on the swing and told me my "babies" were so cute. :) The girls came up with a plan to take the boys to the other side of the park and tell them they were going to "the splash park" and other random places. They'd walk the boys over there and then run back to their hideout. The boys would chase them over and they'd do it all over again. The boys LOVED the attention! They loved the girls holding their hands and walking with them, chasing them, etc.

Evan's outfit came as a shirt/short set that I got on clearance at Kohl's. Evan refused to wear the shorts that came with it. The boys are definitely getting more and more opinionated about what they wear. They went through a phase where they would fuss when we'd change them out of their pjs, but they've never really cared what we put them in. Now, I have to give them options of what to wear. Evan is especially picky. Greg is dealing with this much better than I am. He could care less what they wear. If it were up to him, he'd let them go out in pajamas, but I love picking out their outfits for the day and matching things up and coordinating them. :(

Every time we do something now, I know it's the last time we'll be doing it before we move. I don't think we'll get another chance to go to this park before we leave. I remember taking the boys to this park for the first time before they could even walk. It was a moms club picnic and I brought a blanket and snacks and spread out. The boys kept trying to crawl over and eat the mulch. It's been fun to have places and activities that we've done over the past 3 years, to be able to see how much the boys have changed.

No comments :

Post a Comment