Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Pools, BBQ, and Car Washes

This weekend, we went to The Strawberry Festival and to Chiles Peach Orchard to pick fresh strawberries, and both of those things are getting their own post, so this is all the other random this we did over the weekend.

Friday morning, Greg went into work. I was still worn out from our trip, so we took it pretty easy. My mom gave me some sheets while we were visiting so that I'd have some extra ones for forts and stuff. We had used them at my moms to put over the boys play kitchen to make a fort while we were in Georgia, so when the boys saw this they kept telling me "that's meemaw's fort!" "these go on Meemaw's play kitchen!"

It was so warm, so I decided to take the boys to the pool. By myself. Me. And two 2 year olds. At a pool. I was nervous, but it went GREAT. School is still in session, so I'm guessing that's why there was hardly anybody there. The boys went down the frog slide a million times! They would go down and go around and go back down again and it never got old to them. The lifeguards took a mandatory break and everybody has to get out of the pool, which is the only reason they stopped going down the slide. We had a quick snack and then I finally convinced them to go to the baby pool and splash pad area. I had forgot their puddle jumpers, so I was a little nervous in the bigger pool. They did great, but it still made me nervous watching both of them there.

The boys had a blast in the baby pool. They made a little friend there and they would all go over to the splash pad area, play in the water, run back to the pool and do it all over again. And again, and again. I wish I had half the energy they have.

I was able to sit and watch them while they were in the baby pool, which was nice.

Friday evening, we went to the park before dinner. I couldn't believe we were the only ones there.

Saturday morning, we went to the Strawberry Festival (which I did a separate post on) and then after naps, we went to a BBQ at the church where the boys' preschool is. The pastor there got transferred and it was a going away for him and a welcome for the new preacher.

The boys got to play outside at the playground, play football, cornhole, eat, etc. The cicadas were really bad, but that's definitely not going to keep us inside. I was having a nice conversation with this sweet lady when one landed on me. Ya'll, I know that woman thought I was crazy, I went from calm and talking to jumping around and screaming in about .2 seconds. It's all a little blurry, but I remember screaming at her "get it off me!!" So embarrassing. I've been so good about keeping my fear of bugs under control in front of the boys, but when one of those HUGE things land on me, I just lose it. I'll be lucky I don't end up having a heart attack before the summer's over.
I just thought all these pictures of Evan looked so cute. He's going to be such a heartbreaker when he gets older. (way 30, when I let him date)

Sunday, on the way to pick strawberries, we went through one of those drive thru car washes. I've actually been looking forward to going through one with the boys because I knew they would love it. I was seriously excited--it doesn't take much!

I was right, and the boys thought it was so fun. Evan just got so tickled at it, he would laugh and smile. For the most part, Carter was pretty calm and just watched it and commented on it. He smiled a little, but he just seemed so in awe.

And then the major cleaning started and the boys' reactions were so funny. The look on Carter's face kills me! They weren't actually scared, they were playing around, they had the best time.

The good thing about having a weekend with lots of things going on, is that when we are home, the boys play so good! I love just watching them make up games and pretend play, they're so creative and have great imaginations.

No comments :

Post a Comment