Thursday, June 20, 2013

Pen Park and Our Last Week

Saturday after nap, we took the boys to the Discovery Museum. I bought our family membership just before Greg was offered the job last year. I thought we had wasted the money on the year long membership, but I was wrong. I'm so glad we got this membership. It's been a great place to go on a rainy day with the boys.

This has been Evan's favorite thing to do here, take the mail and put it in the mailbox. He could do this all day long.

Carter's favorite part has been these blocks, he can sit over there forever working on those blocks. Greg and I usually split up so the boys can each do what they want while we're here.

Sunday morning, we packed up the boys bikes and went to the park. We thought it'd be fun to let them ride around. Both boys love their bikes but we haven't given them much time to ride them.

Carter does SO good. He understands how to use the pedals and how to steer. He just takes off.

Evan on the other hand, just has the hardest time. He's not very patient, so I think that's some of the problem, but he just cannot get the pedaling and steering. He would just get frustrated and want to get up and push it or run. He started to get a little better at the end of our time at the park.

The boys love finding bugs, playing in dirt, etc.

They are also always together. One would get off the bike to go play, the other one would too.

The boys took turns pushing each other on the bikes.

We brought snacks and the boys sat in the shade and ate.

It was warm out! We all took good naps when we got home.

Both boys started coughing at the beginning of this week. That was their only symptom, and we think it might be due to allergies. Carter started coughing first, it didn't seem to bother him, but he was coughing a lot! So, we gave him a breathing treatment to see if that helped. I think he looks so pitiful when we do them. :(

Monday, Greg had job training in DC and we had our only morning home all week. The boys have had Vacation Bible School on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of this week, so Monday was our only day to sit around in our pjs (or in Evan's case, his diaper) and watch cartoons and get some moving stuff done.

The boys were in such a silly mood on Monday. I was getting so stressed with all the moving stuff we have to do, but they made it impossible to stay stressed out for too long. They were being really cute.

We went to Taco Bell to meet some friends to play. Because of the rain, we've gone there a lot lately. It's so close and it's big and the boys burn off a ton of energy. I'm actually embarrassed when we go in there now because we've been there so much this past week.

The boys were having such a fun time in the bath, I had to get a quick picture of them playing. They make up little games and just have the best time most nights.

Wednesday, while the boys were at VBS, Greg and I met for a quick lunch. I'm going to miss him when the boys and I leave on Saturday, so we thought it'd be nice to have a quick lunch date.

After VBS on Wednesday, a couple of us went to Taco Bell to get the kids lunch and let them play. It was raining, so the kids didn't get a recess, so we thought getting out some energy would ensure that they all took nice naps. I seriously wanted to explain to the person taking my order why we've been there so much lately. But, I didn't. I think that was our last time going, so I don't have to worry about it. Until we get several days of rain in Augusta and I'm at Chick-Fil-A all the time and start to feel just as embarrassed there.

No comments :

Post a Comment