Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pumpkin Cupcakes

I love pumpkins. I love the color, the smell of pumpkin spice candles, pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks, pumpkin patches--all of it. I love trying new pumpkin recipes in the fall, but most recipes are pretty fattening. I love Gina's Skinny Taste! She posts the best recipes and they're all weight watcher friendly. She breaks down all the nutritional content with each recipe. I've tried several of her recipes and have liked every one, so when I saw these Pumpkin Cupcakes, I knew I had to try them. I made them yesterday and they were so easy. I actually had all the ingredients in my pantry. Everybody loved them. When I make cupcakes or muffins, I will fill a 12 count and 6 count muffin pan with the batter, and whatever i have leftover, I put in my mini muffin pan. The mini cupcakes were the perfect size for Evan and Carter.

*I didn't take a picture of my cupcakes, so here's a picture from her website of how they look**


Pumpkin Cupcakes with Pumpkin Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting

Ingredients:
18.25 oz Betty Crocker Golden Vanilla Super Moist Cake Mix
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 cup canned 100% pure pumpkin
1 cup water

For the Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting:
8 oz Philadelphia 1/3 fat cream cheese
1/2 cup pureed pumpkin (canned is fine)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
5 tbsp packed brown sugar

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake wrappers.
Combine cake mix and pumpkin spice in a large bowl. Add pumpkin puree and water, mix about 2 minutes
Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake about 20 - 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

For the frosting, combine the cream cheese, pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar until smooth. You can use a spatula to ice the cupcakes or pipe them which may require making more frosting

1 comment :

  1. Um, yum! I love pumpkin too! So I am def making these soon! :)

    ReplyDelete