Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Last Two Days of Our Family Visit

I know that I've posted a lot in the past couple of days. I HATE getting behind on blogging. I really use my blog as a baby book for the boys. I haven't been scrapbooking, I still haven't filled out the boys baby books, I never print the pictures I take and put them in an album, this is the place where I record all our memories and pictures. If I didn't go ahead and post all the stuff that happened last week, I'd forget and it'd never get done. I love that I can look back and see exactly how their first trip to the beach went. I also love looking back at old blog posts, it's really fun to look at how much the boys have changed. This is my last post about Greg's family's trip.

Friday morning, Greg and I, along with Eric and Greg's mom, took the boys (Ian, Evan, and Carter) to Bounce & Play. We wanted to let them get a little energy out. I didn't get very many pictures.

This is probably the boys favorite thing to do there, riding the car down the ramp.


After Bounce & Play, we all met up for lunch. We came home and took naps and when we woke up the kids took advantage of everybody's last day and played as much as they could with everybody. Eric and Carrie cooked a delicious dinner for us of chicken tacos with homemade spanish rice. It was so yummy and made a ton, so we actually got to eat it leftover over the weekend which we loved.

Saturday morning, we had pictures done. We used the same girl that took the boys pictures in the fall. I cannot wait to see how they turned out. As soon as I get them, I'll definitely post some on here.

After our pictures, we all went out for one last meal before his family headed to DC where they got a hotel since their flight took off at 6:55am the next day. The kids played at Taco Bell while we all ate. It's really for kids probably Ian's age or older, but Evan had no fear of the super high playarea and climbed it and went down the slide. Carter climbed it and was a little scared to go down the slide, but Ian helped him down and after going down once, he was ready to go back for more.


Lainey playing while everybody loaded the car. I could not believe how easy she was the entire time. Being in a different time zone and off her normal routine and she was such a trooper. She so happy and relaxed the whole time. She wasn't shy at all, so I could hold her and snuggle her all I wanted. Or all that Evan would let me. I think he was a tad jealous of Lainey, he likes to be center of attention. Carter was sweet to her and would say "Hi baby" and share his toys with her.

Greg with his sweet little niece.

Trying to get in some last minute baby kisses before we had to say goodbye.

Ian was so sweet and well behaved while he was here. Him and Evan are so much alike. We haven't seen Ian since right after he turned two and it was so much fun getting to spend some time with him. He's at such a fun age, it made Greg and I really excited that we'll get to have two boys that age here in a couple of years. He was so good with the boys. He told us he was going to miss us. :( I wish they lived closer so we could spend more time with our favorite nephew.

After everybody left, we found this sweet card they left thanking us for everything.

It was so nice to have Greg's family here. The boys really enjoyed spending time with their grandparents, aunt, uncles, and cousins. It's hard to get everybody together with us all living so far apart, so I'm really glad it worked out that we all got to see each other. I hate that I didn't get more pictures of everybody, but with 7 adults and 4 kids, it was a little hectic. Next time, I'll have to make sure to get some pictures of the boys with the uncles, aunt, and grandparents.

No comments :

Post a Comment