Sunday, July 22, 2012

Virginia Beach-Day 3

Tuesday morning, the boys were up bright and early, like always. They played with the window stickers while we got ready. The good thing about the boys being up so early is the pretty view we got to see from our balcony each morning.

We've been to Virginia Beach a few times, and we always pass this beautiful park off the freeway. I've always wanted to go check it out but we never have. I thought this was the perfect trip to check out that park. It's so beautiful. There was a huge hill with tons of people running and walking. A lake, ducks, two playgrounds, kazebos, etc. It was only a few miles from our hotel, so we went early in the morning before it got too hot.

So pretty.

You can see the big hill in the background.

The playground was a lot of fun, too. The boys had a blast playing.

This fun thing played music when the boys pushed the keys. Evan played on it for quite awhile.

Of course, the boys had to swing. Evan LOVES swinging and always asks us to push him.

We put the boys in the strollers and walked around a little bit. We took them on the other side to see the ducks.

As soon as we parked and Carter saw the ducks, he was off.

Followed shortly by Evan.

Poor ducks. Actually, I think they were geese, but the boys said ducks so that's what we were calling them. Either way, they didn't know what to think of these two excited boys running around.

The boys were so happy. They were smiling and laughing. They loved it.

Their shirts say it all.

When we got back, we decided to take the boys up to the hotel pool to cool off. Here's Evan in his puddle jumper. My mom friends recommended these and they are the best! They're for kids 30lbs and up, so they were a little big, but the boys loved them and they worked great.

Waiting at the door for us.

Right after these pictures, the boys got tired of waiting and opened the door and ran to the elevator. They were ready to swim. We then had to keep the dead bolt on the door since they figured out the regular lock. Sneaky boys.

After swimming and a quick lunch, we all took naps. The boys slept so great at the hotel. We were so worried since we didn't have much to compare it to. The last time we stayed at a hotel was last summer when they weren't sleeping that great anyways. This time they fell asleep for naps immediately and slept for 2-3 hours and went to sleep easy for the night and slept until 6am. If one made noise in his sleep, it didn't bother the other one at all. We were able do do what we wanted--shower, go in and out of the hotel room, talk, etc. and they slept. It was so nice.

When we woke up, we decided to walk down the street and get some Sweet Frogs. We got cookies and cream yogurt and cake batter yogurt with fruit and a few cookie dough pieces. The boys loved it. After we got done, Greg's parents, brother Brian, sister-in-law Carrie and our nephew, Ian went to the aquarium and left Eric with Lainey who was napping. After she woke up, we joined Eric for some ice cream and the boys decided to go swimming, so I decided to let the Evan and Carter have some quality time with their uncle and I stayed behind with Lainey.

Lainey and I had some girl time in the hotel room while the boys swam.

Look at that sweet face!

Such a happy baby.

The people above us were feeding the seagulls from their balcony and it was like a scene from "Birds" outside. We walked out there to see what was going on and the birds thought we had food too, and would come right up to our face thinking we were going to feed them.

I got the kids matching iron ons with their names on them. I was hoping for the perfect picture of the cousins on the beach, facing the camera, smiling, in their matching shirts. But, would have been happy to get one of them all in the same picture, maybe playing or something. Well, we didn't end up getting a single picture of the all the cousins in their shirts. We had them wear them to dinner and then separated afterwards and we had put the boys in the bath by the time we everybody was back at the hotel. So sad. :( Here's Greg trying to get the boys to stand together to get a picture.

This is one of my favorite pictures that I took the whole time we were there. I would have loved to get one of all of them together, but I will settle for one of them facing the camera with the name on their shirt showing. He looks so cute to me, too, in this picture.

The boys played on the balcony for quite awhile after dinner.

They brought out some toys to play with.

I think they enjoyed people watching from up there as much as we did.

Here's a picture I snapped of the hotel room, you can kinda see how it was set up. This was the living room and Greg is standing at the entrance to the hallway/kitchenette.

I brought some Johnson and Johnson bubble bath/body wash. I knew I'd feel better about having them in a hotel tub if there was some sort of soap in there. It was one of the best things I could have brought. The boys had the best time in the big tub with bubbles. They played with their sand toys in there and would keep saying "Bubbles! Bubbles!".

Evan scooping out bubbles. I really think they could have spent hours in the tub.

After the boys went to sleep. Greg's mom listened out for the boys while we went out for a couple of hours. Eric and Carrie also got to take out Ian while she listened for Lainey that night. It was so nice of her to do that and we had a blast. We had wanted to take the boys to the fair, but they were too small to ride anything, so we went back and rode the ferris wheel. It was fun to see the strip from the top.

After we rode the ferris wheel, we walked down the strip. There were several performers, we stopped at one intersection that was blocked off for this dance crew and we watched them for awhile. They were really good and we had a great time.

No comments :

Post a Comment