Thursday, January 2, 2014

Baking with Dennis

I didn't do a ton with Dennis this year. The boys were just so excited to find him every morning and that was enough for them, but I did have him come a couple times with fun things to do.

I decided to make gingerbread houses with the boys, but I wanted until the last minute to pick up a kit and the only ones I saw were ones that were "made with peanuts". I didn't feel like going to several stores, so I just figured we'd make our own with graham crackers, frosting, and other goodies.

Yeah, that didn't work out so well. I think the frosting needed to dry a little on the house for it to stay up, but the boys were not interested in waiting for anything to dry. So, after our first house fell about 50 times, we decided to just decorate graham crackers. The boys were just as happy to do that.

They loved frosting the graham crackers and putting on the Hershey's chocolates and sprinkles.

They also loved taking bites in between decorating.

Next year, we'll buy a gingerbread kit, but graham crackers worked fine for us this year.

No comments :

Post a Comment