Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pajama Day and Ice Cream

Tuesday morning, Carter woke up with a fever, so I kept him home from school. I was worried about sending Evan because, in the past, anytime one of them has been sick or had an appointment, the other one insists on staying home. I asked Evan if he wanted to go to school, even though Carter was staying home and he went. My mom even came over for awhile because we figured that I'd get a call from the school to pick up Evan later. They usually don't do that great separated. But, Evan surprised us and did amazing. I was so proud of him.

Carter had a fever, which was the only reason I kept him home from school. He wasn't acting all that sick anymore and I think he was past the worst of it. He watched some tv in my bed and then we met my sister for lunch.

Carter had asked for tacos for lunch, so I thought it'd be nice to get out of the house while I just have one and go to lunch. He didn't end up eating his taco, he said he didn't like it, but he did eat some chips and salsa and we got to catch up with Aunt Caroline.

After the boys naps, I told Evan that we were going to do whatever he wanted for the afternoon since we were so proud of him being good at school without Carter and for as good as he's been about using the potty at school. We potty trained over Christmas break and they've worn underwear ever since returning to school. Evan refused to use the potty the first half of the year, but now is going potty at school like a champ. So, he picked ice cream cones and playing at McDonald's.

Evan is much better at eating ice cream than Carter. Carter is a bit of a wild child, rules are meant to be broken approach to eating his ice cream.

Those are bites taken out of the bottom of the cone and then he started back up at the top. No rhyme or reason, just eats wherever he feels like eating it from.

Every night after dinner, after Greg and I take our showers and the dishes are done, we join the boys on the couch and watch tv with them before bath time. I love this time, Greg and I are always so exhausted at the end of the day, so it's nice to just relax a little before bathtime/storytime/bedtime.

Thursday was Pajama Day at school. I've been asking the boys what pjs they wanted to wear all week and they kept saying their Ninja Turtle pajamas. They have so many newer, nicer ones that I tried to guide them towards but they were having it. Their ninja turtle pajamas are short sleeve and loose and it was 31 degrees when I took them to school, but they didn't care, they were not changing their minds. They were so excited to wear their pajamas. When I first told Evan about it, he said "no, you wear pajamas to bed, and clothes to school--I am NOT wearing pajamas to school" but he came around and was super excited for pajama day.

Carter was excited too.


When we got home from school, we had the boys boots and gloves that we had shipped for our Stone Mountain trip this weekend. I tried them on the boys to make sure they fit. You can't tell from this picture, but Evan was so excited, he kept running around the house, he wanted to nap in his boots--he was happy!

After nap, we were supposed to go to the store and get some things, but we decided to be spontaneous and go to a new park instead. I'm going to do a separate post on that tomorrow.

No comments :

Post a Comment