Saturday, January 18, 2014

Kroc Center Toddler Hour

Friday morning, I took the boys to the Kroc Center downtown. I had heard from my mom's club Facebook page that they had Toddler Hour every Friday from 9:30-10:30. it's only $1.00 per kid and they play, hear a story, do craft, etc. I thought it'd be something fun to check out.

I wasn't exactly sure how it was set up or what to expect, if it'd be structured or free play, so I wasn't sure what to tell the boys we were doing. So, I just told them we were going to go have fun and play. They were very excited.

The Kroc Center is so nice. It's pretty new (I think) and it's a gym, indoor pool--with a lazy river, splash pad, slides, tons of activities and things to do for the kids. If it was a little closer, I'd cancel our YMCA membership and join here.

We were the first ones there, people trickled in all the way up until it was almost over. It was very relaxed. The women working there were so nice. They had mats with balls, blocks, bean bags, etc set up.

They let the kids play for a little while and then they had story time. The girl read a quick story, it was cute and short, which was perfect for this age group.

Afterwards, they had crafts set up that went with the story. The boys were so excited about the craft.

We don't own glue sticks, I let them get all their gluing out at school, but they knew exactly what they were doing. I didn't really need to do anything to help them.

I'm definitely going to do some crafts with them over the summer. These were so easy and they had the best time doing them.

They had little bows that you could put on the penguins head for a girl or make it a bow tie for a boy penguins.


After craft time, they just had free play with the blocks and stuff.

There were quite a few kids there.

The boys did really good about sharing and being nice to the other kids.

They sent all the kids home with a copy of the book they read for story time. I don't know if they do that every time, but the boys were THRILLED!

We will definitely be going back there. We're going to try and make this a weekly thing. They have all kinds of other activities that we might check out too.

No comments :

Post a Comment