Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Little Bit of This and That

Nothing much has been going on the past week, so I figured I'd just do a quick photo dump post so I don't get too behind on blogging. I have lots of little things I want to remember, so if I go too long in between posts, they just end up being way too long.

The other morning, while I was eating breakfast, Evan went and got his coffee maker and toaster so he could have coffee and toast like me. It was very cute how he kept "adding more coffee" to his cup.

I've been trying to do more with the MOMs club and we went to a play date last Monday. They meet every Monday and the boys had so much fun playing with the other kids. The club divides up the kids by age and each age group meets once a week along with other activities throughout the week for all the age groups to get together. It was a rare warm day, so the boys had a picnic outside when we got home. It has been SO cold here lately, so it was nice to be outside, even if it was just for one day.

I made a coffee filter wreath and it was so easy, that I've already colored some more coffee filters to make a pink one for Valentine's day and a green one for St. Patrick's Day. I tried making a mesh one for the front door, but it didn't look right and I need to start over on it.

We've gone to Chick-Fil-A after naps a couple of days because it's just too cold to go outside and we like to let the boys do something active. They used to be happy going there and playing and maybe getting a chocolate milk, but the boys love their chicken, so now they have some chicken and then go play.

The boys have been sleeping later the past couple of weeks, usually 6:45-7:00 is when Evan wakes up, but we had a morning where they both woke up early, so they watched some tv on my ipad in my bed while I got ready. They weren't quite ready to be up and playing yet. They loved the show they were watching, so I don't know why Carter looks so grumpy--I swear he wasn't. But, his expression cracks me up.

My mom's birthday was last week and the boys made her an apron I saw on Pinterest. They love doing crafty things and anything messy.

So excited to put their hands and thumbs in paint.

I think it would have turned out cute if I hadn't drawn the flower stems (Greg thinks they look like cactus, the boys called them trees) I have a fun Valentine's craft for the boys to make that doesn't involve any drawing on my part, thank goodness!


Besides getting the boys something small to eat at Chick-Fil-A or McDonald's when we take them to play there, we've really cut back on eating out. When we do go, we usually let the boys help us make the decision on where to go and we somehow always end up at Mellow Mushroom. They both love pizza.

Sunday, we took the boys to McDonald's to play in the play area. We got them a chocolate milk and packed some apple slices for them to eat. They played for a long time and they always play so good with the other kids. It's crazy how easy the kids all become friends and play so well together every time we go.

 Monday, my mom kept the boys so I could go to a preschool open house. It's hard finding the perfect fit, and the boys preschool in Virginia was so perfect for us. This school that I looked at is close by, has a summer program, which I think will be good for the boys, encourages parents to volunteer (which I really like) and they also have kindergarten. Greg and I are sending the boys to a 1/2 day kindergarten and I think it'd be nice to have them go to the same preschool and kindergarten. By going to the open house, I am able to register them two days before registration opens up to the public, which was supposed to be tomorrow. But, the entire state of Georgia has shut down because of the snowpocalypse that's coming, so I'm hoping I can just go by on Thursday and register them. There's a couple of others that we are considering if the boys don't get into this one, but hopefully they get into this one so they can be registered for next year and we don't have to worry about it anymore.

Tonight we went to Chick-Fil-A after the boys naps to get out of the house. It's calling for 1-3 inches of snow on tonight. It was originally calling for 1/2 an inch tonight and almost all the schools closed down for today and tomorrow.  The boys did still have school today, but it is cancelled for tomorrow. Greg is also off tomorrow. It hadn't started snowing yet, but all the businesses were closing early and nobody was out. I've NEVER seen Chick-Fil-A that slow, there was hardly anybody there and nobody in the drive-thru. We're 99.9% positive that it's not going to be bad tomorrow and we'll be able to drive and go about our day like normal. But, just in case we can't, we wanted to get out of the house one more time and let the boys play before it did snow.

I'm going to be SO happy when the weather warms up. I am so ready for spring.

No comments :

Post a Comment